She weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. and was 21" long. Basically, that means she's long and skinny. She mostly got the Nathan Doxey "looks" package, but with a feminine slant, plus some super long toes. She is BEAUTIFUL!! Mom & baby are doing GREAT! Nate, John and Liza are ecstatic!
We were especially happy that Julia's friend from our neighborhood (Kathleen Kuhn) was the main RN on duty to help Julia through the birth. They were room mothers together for John's kindergarten class.
We farmed out the rest of the kids to Tom & Hilary Call and Rich & Traci Higbee & family. They were a HUGE help. Julia was especially happy with all the nurses, midwives and care she had. They were GREAT. She should come home tomorrow.
As many who have had kids (and can remember it) can attest, there is absolutely nothing like having a baby. It touches a place in your heart and soul that nothing else can touch. It truly is a miracle and gift from God.
Here's our stab at giving you the pictorial play by play...
7 comments:
Oh wow. She is beautiful. What a lovely name, too. You all look so happy. I love it.
Congrats! She's here! Way to go Julia, she's beautiful!I'm so glad to here everything went well.
I love the pictures with your kids holding her- so precious!! Let me know if you need help with anything.
p.s. How do you look that good after having a baby? Great Picts!
She is amazing... those full lips to die for. Such a beauty, can't wait to meet her. Let me know if you need anything at all! Seriously. Please call.
Congrats you guys! I'm glad it went so quickly. and everything is good. In some of the pictures, she reminds me a lot of Paige's baby pictures.
Good luck with the transition to four kids! I wish I could come out to help...but then again, it definitely wouldn't be any help. Love you guys.
So fun. She is a cutie. We missed you in Colorado but we are happy to see that all is well in Cali. I am glad they finally induced you - heaven forbid you'd have to wait another week!!! We find out next week what we are having. So fun. Babies are the best - toddlers have their moments too!! J/K we love em all.
CONGRATULATIONS!! She is beautiful! You are so right, there really is nothing to compare to having a new baby, a tiny soul, straight from heaven. It really is one of our only chances to assist Heavenly Father with a MIRACLE!
Much love to you all. How fabulous to have such a beautiful family.
Let me know if I can come out and help for a bit. I'd love to!
Congratulations! She is beautiful, and you look great! I am so happy for you and your family!
Post a Comment